Over 20,000 non-commercial pilots are flying safely and legally with our community-based organization’s RCP certification.
DroneUp is expanding the Responsible Community Pilot (RCP) program. The RCP program engages drone pilots through training, certification, idea-sharing, and community. Through our partnership with the International Association of Community Drone Pilots (IACDP) we provide the means and connections with the community to help non-commercial pilots operate in the national airspace. Some of those free tools include:
- Continually updated online courses and exams that improve regulation awareness
- Mission-driven experiential exercises that enhance piloting skills
- An online community for questions and discussion
- Mobile apps that verify where it is safe to fly and active advisories nearby
- Comprehensive Standards of Conduct
- Detailed Safety Guidelines
- Advocacy on behalf of the community
We believe airspace safety improves when:
- A new member earns the RCP certification.
- We learn something new from a fellow community member.
- One of our safety or training officers points out an error during a training mission.
- We hold our community accountable for its actions.
And, it’s not just non-commercial pilots. Over 30% of our membership are Part 107 certified sUAS pilots who take part in missions, provide valuable feedback to our members, and simply enjoy the camaraderie.
Ready to help build the community?
We look forward to meeting you.